Vegetables for breakfast? Who would have thought these decadent (and delicious) A.M. oats could be so good. The combination of vanilla almond milk and sweet potato is sure to awaken your morning sweet tooth and give you the energy boost you need to get your day started off on the right foot!
1 medium sweet potato, peeled & cut in bite-size pieces
1/4 cup steel cut oats
1 1/4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
1/2 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon Nature’s Promise almond butter
1/4 cup walnuts, chopped
What you will need
Large microwavable bowl
1. Mix milk and oatmeal in a large bowl.
2. Microwave mixture on high for 5 minutes. While it is cooking, peel the skin off your sweet potato and chop it into bite-size pieces.
3. Add sweet potato chunks and olive oil to your large pan. Cook on medium-high until brown, stirring frequently. Before removing from heat, add walnuts to pan and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes.
3. Remove mixture from microwave and stir. Microwave for 3 1/2 minutes. Remove and stir. Microwave for 2 minutes. Remove and stir.
4. Immediately stir almond butter into your milk and oatmeal mixture. Then, add your sweet potato and walnuts. Stir one last time, then serve.