This ooey-gooey dessert sandwich will make your taste buds tingle. It’s everything you want in a dessert, but healthified! By using just 1-2 tablespoons of these delicious spreads, you’ll get the chocolate peanut butter taste that you’re craving without feeling like you’ve completely jumped off the healthy eating bandwagon. Remember – everything is okay is moderation!
2 slices Ezekiel bread
1 – 1.5 tablespoons Nutella
1 banana, sliced thin
2 tablespoons Teddy’s flax peanut butter
1/2 – 3/4 cups mini marshmallows
Non-stick butter spray to coat the pan
What you will need
A large stove-top pan or griddle
1. Heat your stove to medium-high heat and coat pan or griddle with non-stick butter spray. Slice Ezekiel bread in halves diagonally, forming 4 triangle-shaped halves. Place bread slices on griddle. Cook until slightly browned, then flip over and cook until other side is slightly browned. While bread is cooking, cut banana into thin pieces.
2. Remove bread from heat. Spread a thin layer of Nutella on 2 of your bread slices. Spread a thin layer of peanut butter on your remaining two slices.
3. Place banana slices on the peanut butter slices, then place a single layer of mini marshmallows on the same 2 slices. Cover each of these 2 halves with your Nutella slices, making each Nutella slice 2 the top of your sandwich half. Press down on the top piece of bread slowly so it will become molded into the rest of the sandwich. This will help the sandwich stay together while it continues to cook.
4. Put your sandwich back on the pan or griddle. Cook for about 2 minutes, then very carefully flip each half of sandwich over so the other side can cook. When the marshmallows seem fully melted and your bread is full browned, remove from heat.
5. Enjoy your dessert sandwich with a tall glass of skim milk!